Welcome to Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum
The Museum is now closed until Easter 2018.
However we are have a special event on the 10th of March.
We are opening the Museum for the day and
will be running steam trains on the hour from 11am - 3 pm.
You can visit and have a ride on the train for a donation.
A refreshment stall is being run by a
group from the local church.
Also, as it is nearly Mothering Sunday there will be some tasty little treats for mums!
Please note we won't be doing mine tours on this day.
If you would like to see what else is happening at the Museum please 'like' us on Facebook
Events and Steaming Dates for 2018
May 19/20 - Vintage Excavator Demonstration Weekend
July 28/29 - Annual Steam Gala featuring visiting steam locomotives
September 15 / 16 Vintage Excavator Demonstration Weekend
Please note there are no mine tours on event weekends
Introducing our caving system!
We are happy to announce the latest edition to our facilities here at the Threlkeld Mining Museum. Explore the tunnels in our artificial caving system as you burrow though the underground passages. exploring cave feature and artwork.
The museum is open 7 days a week from Easter to October.
For more information and bookings please contact us on:
Tel: 01768 779747/ Email: email@example.com
The museum offers activities for all the family, from budding geologists to hopeful prospectors. It includes:
- An underground tour of a realistic mine experience (Please note, mine tours are weather and staff dependent please phone before arrival to check a mine tour is scheduled)
- A comprehensive geological and mining museum
- The quarry site with a unique collection of machinery
- Mineral panning
- School or student groups welcome by arrangement (see our schools section for more details)
- Ample free parking, shop and hot and cold drinks