Welcome to Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum
The Museum is open daily 10am - 5 pm until the 29th of October 2017
Sir Tom our steam locomotive will be pulling the trains all half term week .
21st - 28th October. On the hour from 11 am - 4pm
If you would like to see what else is happening at the Museum please 'like' us on Facebook
Events and Steaming Dates for 2017
October Half term 21st - 28th October
We will be running Santa Specials on Saturday and Sunday 16th & 17th and 23rd &24th December.
Trains at 12.00,13.00, 14.00
£7 per person.
Family ticket (2 adult + 2 children ) £25
Chtistmas presents, mulled wine, coffee and mince pies.
Phone or email.
Please note there are no mine tours on event weekends
Introducing our caving system!
We are happy to announce the latest edition to our facilities here at the Threlkeld Mining Museum. Explore the tunnels in our artificial caving system as you burrow though the underground passages. exploring cave feature and artwork.
Please contact us for further details.
The Threlkeld Quarry & Mining Museum is situated three miles east of Keswick, in the heart of the breathtaking Lake District in Cumbria.
The quarry and museum have been lovingly run by our knowledgeable and dedicated staff for more than ten years, and the site continues to expand through the dedication of the staff and volunteers.
The museum is open 7 days a week from Easter to October.
For more information and bookings please contact us on:
Tel: 01768 779747/ Email: email@example.com
The museum offers activities for all the family, from budding geologists to hopeful prospectors. It includes:
- An underground tour of a realistic mine experience (Please note, mine tours are weather and staff dependent please phone before arrival to check a mine tour is scheduled)
- A comprehensive geological and mining museum
- The quarry site with a unique collection of machinery
- Mineral panning
- School or student groups welcome by arrangement (see our schools section for more details)
- Ample free parking, shop and hot and cold drinks