Welcome to Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum
The Museum and Railway are now closed for winter maintenance except for our pre-booked Santa Specials.
Our emails and answer phone will be monitered on a regular basis.
We have a new page on our website for our 'nearly online' shop - this can be found here.
Please note with the change of Government guidance, we ask that you wear a face covering in the Museum building unless you are exempt.
SANTA SPECIALS 2021
These are all fully booked.
Sorry for any disappointment
Please note our new email address - email@example.com
Events and Steaming Dates for 2022
To be confirmed
Opening days and times for the 2021 season are under discussion - we'll let you know when we can.
For more information and bookings please contact us on:
Tel: 01768 779747/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The museum offers activities for all the family, from budding geologists to hopeful prospectors. It includes:
- An underground tour of a realistic mine experience (Please note, mine tours are weather and staff dependent please phone before arrival to check a mine tour is scheduled) (NOT AVAILABLE FOR 2021)
- A comprehensive geological and mining museum
- The quarry site with a unique collection of machinery
- Mineral panning
- School or student groups welcome by arrangement (see our schools section for more details)
- Ample free parking, shop and hot and cold drinks