Welcome to Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum
Cultural Recovery Fund Success!
A big thank you to:
The Museum is currently closed.
We hope to open again in 2021 but with the COVID-19 situation no provisional date has yet been set.
Thank you for your continued support and interest at this challenging time.
Hope to see you all soon!
Please note our new email address - email@example.com
We will monitor our old email firstname.lastname@example.org and will reply from the new address
Events and Steaming Dates for 2021
All steaming dates and special events for the 2021 season are yet to be confirmed. We will announce them when we can.
Opening days and times for the 2021 season are under discussion - we'll let you know when we can.
For more information and bookings please contact us on:
Tel: 01768 779747/ Email: email@example.com
The museum offers activities for all the family, from budding geologists to hopeful prospectors. It includes:
- An underground tour of a realistic mine experience (Please note, mine tours are weather and staff dependent please phone before arrival to check a mine tour is scheduled)
- A comprehensive geological and mining museum
- The quarry site with a unique collection of machinery
- Mineral panning
- School or student groups welcome by arrangement (see our schools section for more details)
- Ample free parking, shop and hot and cold drinks