Welcome to Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum
Happy New Year!
We can't wait to welcome visitors back however, the Museum and Railway are now closed for winter maintenance.
We plan to reopen on Saturday 2nd of April
Our emails and answer phone will be monitered on a regular basis.
New for 2022!
We now offer gift vouchers for a visit to the Museum.
They include admission, unlimited travel on the train on the day and panning for minerals - the perfect gift for the family. They can be used once and are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
It is also possible to purchase an Annual Family Pas.
They can be bought on our new online shop here.
Please note our new email address - email@example.com
Events and Steaming Dates for 2022
Easter Steam - 2nd - 20th April
Bank Holiday Steam - 30th April - 2nd May
Vintage Excavator Trust Weekend - 21st - 22nd May
Half term Steam - 28th May - 5th June
Summer Steam - 16th July - 3rd September
Vintage Excavator Trust Weekend - 17th - 18th September
Half term Steam - 22nd - 29th October
We will run Santa Specials in late November and through December. Dates will be confirmed in due course.
Opening days and times for the 2021 season are under discussion - we'll let you know when we can.
For more information and bookings please contact us on:
Tel: 01768 779747/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The museum offers activities for all the family, from budding geologists to hopeful prospectors. It includes:
- An underground tour of a realistic mine experience (Please note, mine tours are weather and staff dependent please phone before arrival to check a mine tour is scheduled) (NOT AVAILABLE FOR 2021)
- A comprehensive geological and mining museum
- The quarry site with a unique collection of machinery
- Mineral panning
- School or student groups welcome by arrangement (see our schools section for more details)
- Ample free parking, shop and hot and cold drinks