Welcome to Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum
The Museum will reopen on the 18th of May.
Trains will be diesel hauled and will run at
11.15, 12.45, 2.15 and 3.30.
We will be open Tuesday - Sunday
During school holidays when we are running steam trains, we will be open everyday
Thank you for your continued support and interest at this challenging time.
Hope to see you all soon!
Please note our new email address - firstname.lastname@example.org
We will monitor our old email email@example.com and will reply from the new address
Events and Steaming Dates for 2021
29th May - 6th of June - Half term steam
17th July - 31st August - Summer steam
18th-19th September - VET Demonstration Weekend
23rd-31st October - Half term steam
Opening days and times for the 2021 season are under discussion - we'll let you know when we can.
For more information and bookings please contact us on:
Tel: 01768 779747/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The museum offers activities for all the family, from budding geologists to hopeful prospectors. It includes:
- An underground tour of a realistic mine experience (Please note, mine tours are weather and staff dependent please phone before arrival to check a mine tour is scheduled)
- A comprehensive geological and mining museum
- The quarry site with a unique collection of machinery
- Mineral panning
- School or student groups welcome by arrangement (see our schools section for more details)
- Ample free parking, shop and hot and cold drinks