Welcome to Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum
We are 'Good to Go'!
We are now open daily, 10 am - 5 pm
Todays trains are STEAM and run on the hour from 11 am - 4 pm
During school holidays when we are running steam trains, we will be open everyday.
There are a few things to be aware of:
- Please continue to wear a mask inside the Museum building, if you wish to, and follow the arrows round the one way system inside.
- On the train the seats and other touch points on the carriages are cleaned after every trip.
- Please use the hand sanitiser which is available throughout the site.
Finally, pre-booking visit is not required. Should the train fill to capacity and passengers be unable to travel, an extra train will run approximately 30 minutes later.
Please note our new email address - firstname.lastname@example.org
We will monitor our old email email@example.com and will reply from the new address
Events and Steaming Dates for 2021
Special Events in Bold
17th July - 31st August - Summer steam
18th-19th September - VET Demonstration Weekend
23rd-31st October - Half term steam
Santa Specials - Dates to be confirmed in late summer
Opening days and times for the 2021 season are under discussion - we'll let you know when we can.
For more information and bookings please contact us on:
Tel: 01768 779747/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The museum offers activities for all the family, from budding geologists to hopeful prospectors. It includes:
- An underground tour of a realistic mine experience (Please note, mine tours are weather and staff dependent please phone before arrival to check a mine tour is scheduled)
- A comprehensive geological and mining museum
- The quarry site with a unique collection of machinery
- Mineral panning
- School or student groups welcome by arrangement (see our schools section for more details)
- Ample free parking, shop and hot and cold drinks