Welcome to Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum
We are 'Good to Go'!
We are now open daily until the 30th of October, 10 am - 5 pm
Todays trains are STEAM and run on the hour from 11 am until 4 pm.
There are a few things to be aware of:
- Please continue to wear a mask inside the Museum building, if you wish to, and follow the arrows round the one way system inside.
- Please use the hand sanitiser which is available throughout the site.
- We are not running any mine tours.
Finally, pre-booking visit is not required. Should the train fill to capacity and passengers be unable to travel, an extra train will run approximately 30 minutes later.
SANTA SPECIALS 2021
These are all fully booked.
Sorry for any disappointment
Please note our new email address - email@example.com
Events and Steaming Dates for 2021
23rd-31st October - Half term steam
Opening days and times for the 2021 season are under discussion - we'll let you know when we can.
For more information and bookings please contact us on:
Tel: 01768 779747/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The museum offers activities for all the family, from budding geologists to hopeful prospectors. It includes:
- An underground tour of a realistic mine experience (Please note, mine tours are weather and staff dependent please phone before arrival to check a mine tour is scheduled) (NOT AVAILABLE FOR 2021)
- A comprehensive geological and mining museum
- The quarry site with a unique collection of machinery
- Mineral panning
- School or student groups welcome by arrangement (see our schools section for more details)
- Ample free parking, shop and hot and cold drinks