Welcome to Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum
The museum reopens in April 2019
If you would like to see what else is happening at the Museum please 'like' us on Facebook
Happy 2019 everyone!
Events and Steaming Dates for 2019 - coming soon!
Introducing our caving system!
Explore the tunnels in our artificial caving system as you burrow though the underground passages, exploring cave feature and artwork as part of our guided replica mine tours (minimum age 7).
The museum is open 7 days a week from Easter to October.
For more information and bookings please contact us on:
Tel: 01768 779747/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The museum offers activities for all the family, from budding geologists to hopeful prospectors. It includes:
- An underground tour of a realistic mine experience (Please note, mine tours are weather and staff dependent please phone before arrival to check a mine tour is scheduled)
- A comprehensive geological and mining museum
- The quarry site with a unique collection of machinery
- Mineral panning
- School or student groups welcome by arrangement (see our schools section for more details)
- Ample free parking, shop and hot and cold drinks