Welcome to Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum
We are now open daily from 10 am - 5 pm.
Diesel trains run at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm
Mine tours are at 11.30, 1.30 and 3.30 (subject to availability)
(booking advisable during school holidays)
Please note for the next 8 weeks we are only accessble from the A66 road only closed beyond the museum
If you would like to see what else is happening at the Museum please 'like' us on Facebook
Events and Steaming Dates for 2019
September 21st - 22nd - VET Demonstration weekend
October 19th - 26th - Half term steam
Santa specials will run in December
Introducing our caving system!
Explore the tunnels in our artificial caving system as you burrow though the underground passages, exploring cave feature and artwork as part of our guided replica mine tours (minimum age 7).
The museum is open 7 days a week from the Easter Holidays (March 30th, 2019) to October half term.
For more information and bookings please contact us on:
Tel: 01768 779747/ Email: email@example.com
The museum offers activities for all the family, from budding geologists to hopeful prospectors. It includes:
- An underground tour of a realistic mine experience (Please note, mine tours are weather and staff dependent please phone before arrival to check a mine tour is scheduled)
- A comprehensive geological and mining museum
- The quarry site with a unique collection of machinery
- Mineral panning
- School or student groups welcome by arrangement (see our schools section for more details)
- Ample free parking, shop and hot and cold drinks