Welcome to Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum
The Museum is now open daily 10am - 5 pm until the end of October 2017
Today's trains are diesel hauled and run at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm
There will be no trains running on Saturday 24th June
If you would like to see what else is happening at the Museum please 'like' us on Facebook
Events and Steaming Dates for 2017
Trains steam hauled 21st July - 30th August
Annual Steam Gala with visiting steam locomotives - July 29/30
VET Demonstration Weekend - September 16/17
Please note there are no mine tours on event weekends
Introducing our caving system!
We are happy to announce the latest edition to our facilities here at the Threlkeld Mining Museum. Explore the tunnels in our artificial caving system as you burrow though the underground passages. exploring cave feature and artwork.
Please contact us for further details.
The Threlkeld Quarry & Mining Museum is situated three miles east of Keswick, in the heart of the breathtaking Lake District in Cumbria.
The quarry and museum have been lovingly run by our knowledgeable and dedicated staff for more than ten years, and the site continues to expand through the dedication of the staff and volunteers.
The museum is open 7 days a week from Easter to October.
For more information and bookings please contact us on:
Tel: 01768 779747/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The museum offers activities for all the family, from budding geologists to hopeful prospectors. It includes:
- An underground tour of a realistic mine experience (Please note, mine tours are weather and staff dependent please phone before arrival to check a mine tour is scheduled)
- A comprehensive geological and mining museum
- The quarry site with a unique collection of machinery
- Mineral panning
- School or student groups welcome by arrangement (see our schools section for more details)
- Ample free parking, shop and hot and cold drinks