Welcome to Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum
The Museum is now closed for the winter with the exception of our Santa Specials.
SANTA SPECIALS 2023!
Our online booking system for our Santa Special trains goes live on Saturday 2nd of September at 9 am!
We will be running Santa trains on the 25/26 November, 2/3/9/10/16/17/20/21/22/23/24 of December.
Santa trains run at 10.15, 11.00, 11.45, 12.30, 1.00, 1.45, 2.30 and 3.15.
Our online booking system can be found here.
If you have a question please check our FAQs page
Events and Steaming Dates for 2023
Santa Specials will run on the last weekend in November and weekends in December. Booking is essential for these trains - bookings can be made here.
The Museum is open from the start of the Easter Holidays to the end of October half term.
During the school holidays the Museum is open daily. During term time we are closed on Mondays.
Our opening hours are 10 am - 5 pm
For more information and bookings please contact us on:
Tel: 01768 779747/ Email: email@example.com
The museum offers activities for all the family, from budding geologists to hopeful prospectors. It includes:
- A narrow gauge railway that runs into the old quarry - the trip lasts around 25 minutes.
- A comprehensive geological and mining museum
- The quarry site with a unique collection of machinery
- Mineral panning
- School or student groups welcome by arrangement (see our schools section here for more details)
- Ample free parking, shop and hot and cold drinks