Welcome to Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum
The museum is now closed
We will open again April 2020
If you would like to see what else is happening at the Museum please 'like' us on Facebook
Events and Steaming Dates for 2019
Santa specials will run in December:
Saturday 14th, Sunday 15th, Saturday 21st, Sunday 22nd, Monday 23rd and Christmas Eve
12 pm - 2 family spaces
1 pm - 2 family spaces
3 pm - spaces
3 pm - 2 family spaces
These are the only spaces we have left!
Booking essential by phone, email or through facebook
Introducing our caving system!
Explore the tunnels in our artificial caving system as you burrow though the underground passages, exploring cave feature and artwork as part of our guided replica mine tours (minimum age 7).
The museum is open 7 days a week from the Easter Holidays (March 30th, 2019) to October half term.
For more information and bookings please contact us on:
Tel: 01768 779747/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The museum offers activities for all the family, from budding geologists to hopeful prospectors. It includes:
- An underground tour of a realistic mine experience (Please note, mine tours are weather and staff dependent please phone before arrival to check a mine tour is scheduled)
- A comprehensive geological and mining museum
- The quarry site with a unique collection of machinery
- Mineral panning
- School or student groups welcome by arrangement (see our schools section for more details)
- Ample free parking, shop and hot and cold drinks