Welcome to Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum
The Museum is open every day 10am -5pm until Saturday 27th of October (End of October half-term)
Todays trains are Diesel hauled and run at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm
Tours of the replica mine are at 11.30, 1.30 and 3.30
(minimum age 7)
If you would like to see what else is happening at the Museum please 'like' us on Facebook
Events and Steaming Dates for 2018
Our last steaming days will October 20th - 27th.
Please note that the Museum will be closed from the 28th of October onwards for winter maintenance.
Santa trains will run on the 22nd, 23rd and 24th of December at 12 pm, 1 pm and 2 pm.
Mince Pies Mulled Wine Presents
£7 per person, family ticket £25 (2 adults & 2 children)
Please email or phone to book your places on the Santa train
Introducing our caving system!
Explore the tunnels in our artificial caving system as you burrow though the underground passages, exploring cave feature and artwork as part of our guided replica mine tours (minimum age 5).
The museum is open 7 days a week from Easter to October.
For more information and bookings please contact us on:
Tel: 01768 779747/ Email: email@example.com
The museum offers activities for all the family, from budding geologists to hopeful prospectors. It includes:
- An underground tour of a realistic mine experience (Please note, mine tours are weather and staff dependent please phone before arrival to check a mine tour is scheduled)
- A comprehensive geological and mining museum
- The quarry site with a unique collection of machinery
- Mineral panning
- School or student groups welcome by arrangement (see our schools section for more details)
- Ample free parking, shop and hot and cold drinks