Welcome to Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum
The Museum is open daily from 10 am.
Todays trains are DIESEL hauled and will run at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm.
Underground tours are at 11.30 am, 1.30 pm and 3.30 pm and coincide with the train.
Please note mine tours are not suitable for young children under 5
Steaming dates and events for 2014
A steam service will operate over the following dates during 2014 (dates are inclusive)
25th October - 2nd November
Santa Specials will run in December on Sunday 21st, Monday 22nd, Tuesday 23rd and Christmas Eve.
Trains will run at 12.00,13.00,14.00.
Tickets £6.00 £20.00 for family ticket (2 adults and 2 children)
Bookings: tel 01768779747
Introducing our new caving system!
We are happy to announce the latest edition to our facilities here at the Threlkeld Mining Museum. Explore the tunnels in our artificial caving system as you burrow though the underground passages. exploring cave feature and artwork.
Please contact us for further details.
The Threlkeld Quarry & Mining Museum is situated three miles east of Keswick, in the heart of the breathtaking Lake District in Cumbria.
The quarry and museum have been lovingly run by our knowledgeable and dedicated staff for more than ten years, and the site continues to expand through the dedication of the staff and volunteers.
The museum is open 7 days a week from Easter to October.
For more information and bookings please contact us on:
Tel: 01768 779747/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The museum offers activities for all the family, from budding geologists to hopeful prospectors. It includes:
- An underground tour of a realistic mine experience (Please note, mine tours are weather and staff dependent please phone before arrival to check a mine tour is scheduled)
- A comprehensive geological and mining museum
- The quarry site with a unique collection of machinery
- Mineral panning
- School or student groups welcome by arrangement (see our schools section for more details)
- Ample free parking, shop and hot and cold drinks